Please check out our new Opinion Poll on Open-Book Tests and Exams and cast your vote by the end of March 2013. As you know …
your opinion counts
Our February 2013 poll was about The Use of Cell Phones in School:
Older students should be allowed to bring cell phones to school, because they are a modern-day necessity and convenience, and especially useful in case of emergencies.
• I agree. Schools should set appropriate rules regarding the use of cell phones and allow students to bring them. (53%, 24 Votes)
• I disagree. Students should not be allowed to bring cell phones to school, because they are a distraction and schools should have a system in place for emergencies. (47%, 21 Votes)
This is a very contentious issue. Those who think schools should allow students to bring cell phones, outnumbered those who didn’t agree by a relatively small margin of 6%. This slight majority (53%) believes that cell phones are an essential for students in today’s world and especially handy in case of a crisis. The rest of the voters (47%) think that cell phones are a distraction and do not belong in schools.